Nexus is constructing a grade-separated interchange at the Warrego Highway at Charlton as part of the Toowoomba Second Range Crossing (TSRC). From late May 2017 work will involve:
- permanently closing Willett Road at its intersection with the Warrego Highway. Access for Willett Road residents and Toowoomba Speedway visitors will continue via Wirth Road
- reducing about 1.2km of the Warrego Highway to a single lane in each direction until late 2017. These closures will be rolled out in stages to reduce the impact on road users. Lane width will be maintained for wide loads
- temporarily reducing the speed limit to 60km/h in work zones
- constructing a bridge over the Warrego Highway
- constructing on- and off-ramps connecting the TSRC with the Warrego Highway installing traffic lights at the Warrego Highway intersection of Nass Road-Wirth Road.
For more information click here