Public consultation will commence on a new proposed planning scheme policy on Open Space from Friday, February 16, 2018 and close on Friday, March 16, 2018.
The compact 13-page policy will set standards for parks and open space when undertaking new land development.
Once adopted, the policy will provide clear guidance on the provision of open space, the type of recreation parks, and minimum requirements for their size, performance and embellishments.
Members of the public are invited to view the proposed policy and make a submission by:
> Going on-line to www.connectingmackay.com.au, where you can express your views on the proposed open space policy by making an on-line submission;
> Visiting one of the Customer Service Centres in Mackay, Mirani or Sarina, to complete a submission form and deposit in submissions box;
> Send an e-mail with your completed submission form to firstname.lastname@example.org
> Writing a letter and e-mailing to email@example.com
Any submission must be “properly made” and:
- be in writing;
- include the full name and residential or business address of each person making the submission;
- be signed by each person making the submission;
- state the grounds of the submission and the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds;
- be directed to Mackay Regional Council; and
- be received by Council before or on Friday, March 16, 2018.
For more information, please click here.