Safe Work Australia (SWA) has recently released new resources on asbestos and knowing your responsibilities in the workplace.
Workers most at risk whilst working with asbestos are machinery operators and drivers, labourers and trade workers.
If you are managing of controlling a workplace, you have responsibilities to protect others working with asbestos, under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (the Act).
To assist in ensuring the safety of those in your workplace as per the Act, SWA have developed a checklist:
- You must have an asbestos register
- You must have asbestos management plan
- You must control asbestos in your workplace
- You must hold the right training and licensing
- You must monitor your workers’ health
For more information on your responsibilities or to learn more about asbestos in the workplace, please click here.